On Monday, June 20th, we had a very informative meeting with Nancy Bond and Marlys Mock from PPS about pushing this project forward. During this meeting, they were able to visit the proposed site and meet with members of the Grant Environmental Club, Club Supervisor Brick Street and School Principal Vivian Orlen. The representatives expressed excitement about the community garden project and proposed a new approach. Instead of building a community garden and reserving several spots for our new Sustainable Agriculture class and special needs classes, they proposed that we start with a school garden and as funding increases, expand it to a community garden. We are still waiting for approval and grant funding but we are excited about where this project is going!
Grant High School
Find a post
- Garden Opening 6/2 at 11:30! Come enjoy delicious barbecue, hear speakers and Grant bands, watch the garden dedication, and begin planting! 5 years ago
- Garden Opening 6/2 at 11:30! Come to Grant for the festivities! 5 years ago
- The Community garden has soil in its beds! Check it out, and grand opening soon! 5 years ago
- Garden Grand Opening 6/2/12! Food, music, and speakers! 5 years ago
- Community Garden is prepped! Portland Parks is doing a great job at moving forward with the project. 5 years ago