July 29th’s meeting with Grant Principal Vivian Orlen brought several new ideas to the table! We now seek to build a relationship with pioneers of the Madison Community Gardens, as our potential learning garden will be quite similar to it. Such a meeting will yield ideas for our garden and will be a great source of potential resources. We will additionally seek relationships with the neighborhood associations of communities that draw to Grant High School, as they historically have been great proponents of Grant programs and activities. We also heard word that Grant health teacher Norman Scott has offered to organize one of his wildly successful and highly-attended themed dances to benefit the garden initiative. After a 50’s Barn Dance and a disco, we can only guess what to expect next! Upon Mrs. Orlen’s suggestion, the Grant community can also look forward to a community event in early October aimed at providing information to those interested in the Grant Gardens Project. Attendees can expect both great speakers and delicious food. There will soon be more information, but for the time being, make sure to keep your calender open!
Grant High School
Find a post
- Garden Opening 6/2 at 11:30! Come enjoy delicious barbecue, hear speakers and Grant bands, watch the garden dedication, and begin planting! 5 years ago
- Garden Opening 6/2 at 11:30! Come to Grant for the festivities! 5 years ago
- The Community garden has soil in its beds! Check it out, and grand opening soon! 5 years ago
- Garden Grand Opening 6/2/12! Food, music, and speakers! 5 years ago
- Community Garden is prepped! Portland Parks is doing a great job at moving forward with the project. 5 years ago